Friday, September 22, 2006

The Twilight Zone

I sit alone.
Stuck to the cushion.

"Act Now!"
"Act Now!"

Thoughts let them flow.

But should I get up?
She needs me.
Call her, she came to see you many times in the hospital.
Get up!

I sit alone on the couch.
Images from space enter my room.
Are they my friends?
Or is it one giant distraction.
The Idiot box keeps me captive.

I free myself through you my teacher,
I heal myself through your prayers.
I am done?
Can I go? No, the twilight zone.
Bill says the zone between illness and wellness.
Must progress?!?
Or Must I accept?
Can I do both?

Thoughts, get up...
Call her, she needs you.
Call her.
No debate, no thoughts,
Call her.
I love you, Reesa.

I sit alone.
I call out to you, will you answer.
I have been there, more deeply than you know.

I sit alone.
The cushion pulls me.
Tomorrow, I promise...

No comments: