Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Off the Record

Our computer is being dumb and consequently I have been cut off from the internet for quite some time. Sara had to come to the library to study tonight, so I cam with and thus I am back on my blog. I hope all of you are doing well. I wager you are doing better than I. I am currently sitting in my wheelchair because my three long leg bones have started dying (at least in the right leg). This is a result of being on prednisone for so long. My knee is in alot of pain. In addition, my back still has compression fractures, in fact I have more fractures. My back is also in a lot of pain. So much pain that my doctors are thinking about putting in a device that releases morphine directly into my spine. This uses less medicine, has fewer side effects, and could cut my pain by more than half. There would be a surgery to implant the sucker, but I think my BMT docs might go for it.
I have also been experiencing some kidney troubles, but it look like they are starting to get better. I hope.
Hopefully I will be able to get back on soon. Please leave comments if you want, I would love to hear from you.

Love,
JJ

2 comments:

Zoey L. said...

Ishy. If you're up to a visit, give me a call. I also have 3 weeks vacation coming up and would love to hang out with you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, JJ,

This is Dan Fisher's friend Sarah. Just checking in on you...sorry to hear you are in so much pain! I hope the docs figure something out with the morphine...and more to the point that you're able to handle it mentally, which is as much of the battle, right?

Hugs to you--and to Sara, congrats on starting school!

Take care,

Sarah :^)