Monday, March 20, 2006

Acupuncture

As part of my pain management program, due to my three compression fractures in my spine, my nurse practitioner decided that I would benefit from acupuncture. Now most people I meet say "Well, you should be into this stuff because of your Buddhism stuff, right?" And I say, "um, actually no, I am quite skeptical about this stuff." Now, granted acupuncture is nothing like crystals or pyramid therapy or something like that. It has a long history and is accepted as a valid form of treatment by most of the top hospitals in the US. Knowing this, I said yeah I'll try it.

I went to the first session, not expecting too much, afterall I have been in pain of some kind for the last two years. So , I laid down and they started putting the needles into my ear, head, back and hand. The session lasted 20 minutes and for those 20 minutes I was completely pain free. It was amazing! Granted the rest of the day and next the pain increased, but since I have been using less pain medicine and my pain has decreased substantially. I truly believe that this is due to the acupuncture treatments. If you are in pain and are thinking about trying, do it is awesome.

That's all I got to say and I hope you have a lovely day.

Love, JJ

5 comments:

Zoey L. said...

"I'm and eggplant" -- George Costanza, on the TV series Seinfeld, after he experiments with alternative medicine.

"Oh, you think you're better than me?" Mandlebaum, on the TV series Seinfeld, as he tries to lift an object he has no business lifting and consequently throws out his back.


Forget Buddhism. Just start watching Seinfeld and you'll problems will be solved.

Stop dodging my phone calls! :)

Anonymous said...

Had a blast last weekend. What a gift to have such true friends. Thank you for sharing "you" with all of us!

You're welcome anytime, any day of the week, mi casa es su casa...(is that right? Ask Sara. I could have said it in french but nobody would have understood it.)

With love,

juniper

Zoey L. said...

Je parle un peux de Francais

Anonymous said...

okay, d'accord...

ma maison est ta maison, mon ami.

Pas mal, non?

Bon, a bientot.

Bisous

Anonymous said...

JJ,
I have to say I benefitted greatly from acupuncture all through my treatments and then some. . . huge advocate. I'm glad you got some respite from your pain. I think of you often.
Love to you and Sara, beka