Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Its been a long time...

What is wrong with me...this is supposed to be a journal for me and a peephole for you all into this crazy journey I am on and I have been silent for some time now. I really have no excuse so I will only say sorry. I say sorry as much to myself as I do to you. Well, I will try to tell you some of what has been going.

In the last month, we have been frantically trying to get this dance together...thank you to all that are helping...it should a very fun time. The music is going to be great...the food beautifully prepared by my favorite chef (besides Alton Brown, of course), my brother Jason, is going to be awesome. If you are on the fence about coming...take a chance and go for it...I promise you will not regret it. Danceing your heart out to the old stuff will be worth it alone...hell the food is worth the price. Come on now....meet me there.
I have been feeling pretty good, but a few weeks ago I tried to pick up a box that I had no business trying to pick up. You see, when you spend so much time in the hospital, one loses a lot of muscle and hence strength...So, I picked up this box and hurt my back. Well I thought I just pulled a muscle...no big deal, right...well it kept hurting and a few weeks later I asked my doctor if I could see the pain clinic. I went there and they took an X-ray of my spine and it turns out I had been walking about with three compression fractures in my vertebrae. Well, I am now on the proper pain meds and I have a lovely $2500 back brace called a TLSO for the parts of the back it covers, the Thoracic, Lumbar and Sacral vertebrae. Here is a picture of it: [NOTE: I have a picture of it, but I cannot find my camera base to put it online, ugh...I will put it on when I find the base.] Luckily I do not have to wear it to bed, but for those of you who come to the dance you will get to see it live and in person. Unfortunately, it is going to seriously hamper my moves on the dance floor.
Other than that Sara and I have been seriously enjoying our time together at our apartment. It is so nice to be able to snuggle on the couch and watch bad TV. And good movies.
Well, that is about it. I will try try try try to write more and more often.

I love you all and I hope this and tomorrows entry will pull some of ya back to my blog.

Love,
JJ

3 comments:

Zoey L. said...

Yeah! An Entry! J/K

Sorry to hear about your back. Did you wear that weight belt I bought you back when you wanted to be a body builder in high school? I think not...tsk...tsk...

Good to hear from you.

Judy, Zoey and I will be at the dance UNLESS Judy's brother and wife have their baby at that time (they are due on the 22nd).

Hi to the fam.

Anonymous said...

Hi JJ,

I wish I could make it for the dance! Gosh, how are you going to boogey in the brace??? I know that atrophy due to hospitalizations sucks but vertebrae fractures suck even more! Well, I know this too shall pass.

Did I tell you that I sent one of your bracelets to Plum Village?

Continuing to send you love and healing chi,
Erica

Anonymous said...

I'll be there.

mike