Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Reconnected

It’s been a long time coming…and I am sorry. Unfortunately some things in cancer treatments are unpredictable, and these little bumps can disconnect us from each other. I have been away from so long because first we moved into a new apartment and it takes awhile to get internet hooked-up. Also, I developed rash which turned out to be shingles, which is a second outbreak of chicken pox. This can be extremely painful, and potentially dangerous. Fortunately I had a very mild case and caught it very early and we were able to treat it successfully. This caused me to be put into isolation, which amongst other inconveniences kept me away from the internet. Obviously, I am connected again and I will try to keep up my usual load of entries.
Because of the shingles onslaught we also had to stall beginning chemotherapy. Most of you know that I was on my way to transplant, but I still have about 1% of blasts in my marrow. Normally, this would be acceptable to go on with the transplant, but the docs feel that my tumor is too aggressive and they want my marrow completely clean.
Again, because my disease is aggressive my doctors put their collective heads together and looked toward the country shaped like a boot. This treatment which has not even been published in paper yet (I am so cutting edge, I know) involves using four drugs over five days.
If this doesn’t work I am seriously considering cryogenics, and just get frozen until they can cure Leukemia.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back, JJ. The Ceramics Gang has been asking about you (since we didn't have class on Halloween). Will report that you're back.

Hang in there - we're all sending you much positive energy through the cosmos.

= )
The CG Scribe

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you reconnected. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I'm chanting for you and sending positive energies your way.

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back in the blogosphere, my friend. Thinking of you and sending as many good vibes your way as possible.

the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

YOUR THE BEST OF THE BUNCH MR.JJ!!!! THE BESTEST OF THE BUNCHEST....


stacy la elaine