Wednesday, December 21, 2005

We've been launched

So this is our second day in the hospital and today has been laregly about getting to know the doctors and nurses and aides.

Today I got two treatments of chemotherapy drugs. One was fludaribine and the other was cyclophosphomide. The cyclophospomide is very dangerous to the blatter, so I need to urinate every two hours, even during the night...yes, do wake me up to go pee-pee.
Which has to my destruction of my little e ego...they need to keep track of everything that goes into me, and, also, everything that goes out...I have been used to them collecting my urine, no big deal, but know they need to collect my stools to know where I am at and how much I am excreting.

Well,
I hope of your bowels are moving well and feeling great,
JJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi jj,

i am new to your journey, but not. 11 years ago my brother battled bone cancer. the two of you sure sound similiar - bright lights to all who you have touched, brave beyond imagine, yet clear in your efforts to fight for life. i will carry you close with me, sending you healing light, love and strength each day, telling your story.

leslie

Anonymous said...

My bowels are moving quite well today, thank you, and how are yours moving? Do the medicines do funny things to your bowels?

Love,
Erica

Middle Child said...

I hope you have the best Christmas even. I just found your blog and haven't had time to look at it all yet...I will. Charlie from Scotland directed some of us to it...

As erica says about medicines doing funny things to bowels...my husband is a long time Quedriplegic 23 yrs... and it is just achieving regularity in that area which becomes vitally important...can roun your day even more if the become wierd.

Take care and best wishes

unsaid said...

it's great to meet you jj! i'm a littly teary eyed and inspired by your blog. i linked here from "the possibility of fire". anyway i am visualizing healing for you! thank you for this blog, it's healing for me.

Kerry said...

Hey JJ,

I've been reading your blog and I have shed many a tear in reading it.

I wanted to send you a comment praying that you get better soon. You're a beautiful writer and I enjoy reading your work. I carry it with me each day.

May God Continue to Bless You in Mysterious Ways.

Love,
Kerry