Friday, January 06, 2006

Hey all,
Well since I have been here, things have been up and down. I felt very isolated from you all because of not having access to my blog. You were amazing, I felt so much love from you all, through all of the bells, cards, checks, and all of you wearing JJ's Compassion Crew Wristbands. If you are still looking for wristbands, we just ordered a bunch more, so you can one, or, if you already have one, buy a couple more and give or sell to friends. I can picture you all out there as part of a crew keeping me alive...you have no idea how wonderful this makes me feel.
This place is even more isolating than a normal floor. I am not able to leave my room (except for procedures (x-rays, cat scans, etc.).
There seems to be a great amount of support from the families of patients for each other. Which is great, because I worry so much about my family and how they are getting through this all. They all get there coffee and hang out at the end of the hall. I think it is great for everyone. It would be nice if the patients could do the same, but we would just get each other sick and complain about the food.
I am just starting to get used to all of the rules here, and the severity of the punishments that come with a violation of said rules. I will tell you more about the physical side later on today or tomorrow. And the choose your own adventure is still in the research and development stage.
Thank you for your love,
Cancerboy 'JJ'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo! um, you don't know me, but I was pointed to your site by your cousin Anna. (I met her on a Star Wars site...but that's beside the point)Your story is really inspiring! Keep up your great attitude! (your attitude is much better then mine would ever be, were I in your situation!) Praying for ya dude!

God bless!
*Jedigurl*

Anonymous said...

You are my superhero, JJ! May you continue to rock on in 2006!

Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

JJ,

You are my sunshine and everyday when I look down at my bracelet with your name on it I am more and more thankful that our paths crossed in a sleepy little town in Wisconsin several years ago. You are in my thoughts and I'm pretty sure that I'm thinking about you and Sara even when I don't know it. I love you both.

Jennifer

Scott said...

Hi JJ, you don't know us but we've been following your site for a couple of weeks now after happening upon it by chance. I think it's amazing how one person can touch total strangers like you are. You are such brave people and your love for each other is truly inspiring. We wish you strength and look forward to seeing you emerge victorious from your battle.
If you are interested in seeing the distance your words have travelled you can check out our blog: greetingsfromdawson.blogspot.com.

ps. Have you read Lance Armstrong's books? His journey from testicular cancer to the Tour De France is also very inspiring.