Monday, August 08, 2005

Dayglo poison and WD40

Well, JJ enters the realm of Blogging after an inspired phone conversation with lifelong buddy Tyler. He started one to document the pregnancy and birth and life of his beautiful girl Zoey.
So, I decided to commit myself to documenting my second fight with current welterwieght champion of the world...leukemia!!
Seeing as this is the first, and it is getting late for this evening primrose, well, not too late, but Mr. Faulkner is calling me, I will make it short and sweet. I am not sure what I will put on this and I am not sure how often, but if I do get a cord that can hook up from my laptop to the computer, I may be on her 24 hours a day...non-stop dry wit and dry heaves...moments of clarity (Death is but a fickle fart on the gastric bypass of the universe) and assorted pseudo-intellectual rambleings of a cancer patient on too much morphine, or is it not enough?
Ahh, life in the big city.
I got my last poison (I believe the euphemism of the day is chemotherapy) of my first phase of treatment today. That was Danorubicin, which is a nice organgish-reddish chemical, similar to various flavors of kool-aid, but for suredly, not something that should be going directly into the bloodstream. The things we do for love and life. I am hoping they let me go home next week, but I do start phase two of the treatment on monday so probably not, stranger things have happened.
Well, more later, me tired and sweating a lot. Pee is red what could be better, ahh, yes, MIRALAX...the throne beckons...

1 comment:

Zoey L. said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Don't forget to adjust your settings to that people can add comments without having to have a blogger id. I'll show you how sometime soon. Peace!