Sunday, August 28, 2005

Love transcends everything

Saturday August 27th,
Our family had a pow wow of sorts today. We had good food, good company, and love. Throughout the day there was a common goal: to bring JJ love and happiness. We accomplished this goal I think. Yet, we also tried to accept the next few days, weeks, and months which we all must endure. I will let my hero aka cancerboy, aka JJ, aka Justin tell you all what was said and what that means to all of us walking the path with him. I can tell you the fight is not over and I don't know that it ever will be. Life is so funny, we try to do what is right, what brings us joy, and live each day without a thought of hardship or pain or cancer. Yet, these negative aspects of life are very real, very scary, and need to be addressed with candor. With this in mind, I, no, our family (whom includes everyone that reads this blog) needs the positive encouragement we have unselfishly given each other since the begining. Without each other no one especially JJ will survive. It is truly amazing that during the worst of times the best in people emerges. Empathy and the good will of people will never die. For the first time in my life I can truly say that I love people I have never met. What you have done and will continue to do for my brother is a debt I can never repay. Please know that you are the best of people, compassion is a gift, never stop giving it. I know in my heart what ever happens in the near future will depend upon the love we have all so evidently shown JJ. I challenge you to never stop giving that love, no matter what depths cancer brings us to. JJ has touched all of our souls and no matter what happens to him, use this gift he has given you, cherish it, never let it go, let him see it in you. My words only scratch the surface of the feelings we are all going through, yet they need to be said.
Forever in your debt---Brother

No comments: